1. Application Procedure
Step1: Chinese Government Scholarship(CSC) Application
Please register and login to Chinese Government Scholarship Online Application website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) and fill in the form.
Candidate is supposed to choose Category B. The agency number of Tsinghua University is 10003. Discipline is “Management”, and Major is "Public Administration".
Print, sign and attach 2-inch photo on the Application Form produced by the system.
Step 2: Tsinghua University Application
Complete on-line application on the website of Tsinghua University (http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/login). Upload all the required application materials (listed below), specify the financial sponsor as Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China, and submit. Print, sign, and attach 2-inch photo on the Application Form produced by the system.
Required Application Materials:
(1) A formal degree certificate of the bachelor's degree (original notarized photocopy), (Applicants are recommended to provide a certified copy or an authentication of the degree diploma at the same time. The certified copy / authentication and the original degree diploma should be combined into one PDF file and uploaded to the application system. Please click here for the issuing method of the certification：http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/yzlxs/yz_lxs_kstzb/view?id=499763);
(2) Academic transcript of the bachelor's education (original or notarized photocopy);
(3) Resume in English, including personal background, study experience after high school and working experience;
(4) Personal statement in English, at least two pages. Please indicate the motivation for applying the IMPA program of Tsinghua University, the advantages and accomplishment after fulfilling the program, the study plan and the career goal. Please download the template of personal statement via the following link:
(5) Two Letters of Recommendation, original in English or in Chinese: one letter must come from the professor of the previously enrolled university; the other must come from the current employer or supervisor;
(6) One photocopy of the personal and ordinary passport;
(7) Photocopies of English language proficiency test results (For non-native English speakers or applicants whose instruction media of tertiary education is not English, evidence of English proficiency should be demonstrated by a passing TOEFL 85 or IELTS 6.5. A GRE score is desirable but not required);
(8) Foreigner Physical Examination Form, the examination result must be obtained within 1 month. All applicants shall be in good physical conditions and carry no infectious diseases which may have a serious impact on public health or fall into any of the health situations prohibited by China's Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
(9) CSC Application Form;
(10) Three recent photos of passport size. One photo should be pasted onto the application form.
Step3: Embassy Recommendation
Acquire recommendation from your country's ministry, and submit all the application materials to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor's Office, Embassy of the People's Republic of China in your own country and get approved.
Only after the applicant has obtained approval from his/her government ministry, can he/she apply for this program. If the ministry of the home country permits the applicant to submit materials directly to Embassy of the People's Republic of China, the applicant should acquire certificate or recommendation from the ministry and submit all the required documents to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor's Office, Embassy of the People's Republic of China.
Once the university has received an official recommendation letter from the Economic and Commercial Counsellor's Office, Embassy of PRC, the academic review will start.
2. Important Notes:
(1) For IMPA program, no application fee is required.
(2) Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
(3) Please scan the original or notarial application documents in color using a scanner. Documents images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
(4) Applications with incomplete documents will not be processed.
(5) THU has the right to require applicants to provide original/notarized copies of application materials or certification documents issued by a designated certification body for further inspection.
(6) As some countries' higher education systems are very different from the Chinese system, applicants from different education systems should refer to THU's online application website for reference. Click here: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/yzlxs/yz_lxs_kstzb/view?id=74922
(7) None of the above application documents will be returned.
(8) If the higher-level department issues a new policy, THU will make corresponding adjustments.
(9) Applicants must ensure that the application information and application materials provided are true and accurate. If the admissions unit or certification department verifies that anything in the application is not true, the application, admission or study qualification will be cancelled.
(10) Applicants who are found to be in breach of academic ethics, professional ethics, honesty and trustworthiness, etc., will not be admitted or admission/study qualification will be cancelled after this breach has been verified.
(11) The relevant information, documents and messages that the THU Graduate Admissions Office and relevant departments / schools publish or send to applicants through websites, phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. are deemed to have been delivered. All consequences caused by the applicant's personal negligence and other reasons shall be borne by the applicant himself/herself.
(12) Chinese government will not explain the application result, either the applicant is admitted or not.
(13) No accommodation fee for family members' visits.
(14) Chinese visa application procedure and other information will be specified at the admission letter.
Other unfinished matters in this guide are implemented in accordance with ‘Admission to Graduate Programs of Tsinghua University 2021(For International Students)’ . Click here http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/yzlxs/yz_lxs_kstzb/view?id=500079
3. Application Deadline
Nov 15, 2021